Sunday, May 29, 2011

Taking shape...


So, it has been a few hours since I last posted. Ugh! Ironing and picking out stitches-not fun. I don't mind ironing actually. I could iron all day. Picking out little stitches-not!

The dress is really beginning to take shape. I am really liking it. I am not sure how I am going to handle the neck and armholes. I haven't used facing and may not choose to. When I took the LBD class on Pattern Review it was suggested to leave out hte facings and go directly to lining. However, with tweed, I am concerned about the stretching. I may do a little research before the lining goes in.

1 comment:

Shawnta said...

Maybe bias binding. I eliminated the facings in my patter and used bias binding for the one arm. it is is not visible on the outside and and still looks neat on the inside.