Sunday, May 29, 2011

Knock-Off Dolce and Gabana Dress



It is down to the wire for me this morning. I need to sew up the lining and get this dress entry submitted to Pattern Review.com.'s Knock- Off contest.

The dress I am sewing was worn by Jennifer Aniston last fall, and featured in People magazine. I originally thought I might do this dress in a black multi colored tweed. However, I decided to make it in a cheaper fabric first. I always sew things up better the second time around. Plus, this is my pattern. I drafted it and I need to work out the kinks before I use the good stuff!

The dress actually has sewn up fairly easily. I did use a lot of couture hand stitching techniques. After making my muslin, and cutting the fashion fabric, I thread traced the interlining. I couldn't use the wax paper though. It did not leave any marks on the silk organza. I purchased some silk taffeta yesterday for the lining.

I have the dress ready to go for the lining. It should take too long to do.

No comments: